Pedrosa races for Barcelona return

From motogp.com

Injured Repsol Honda MotoGP World Championship rider Dani Pedrosa gave an update on his condition on Tuesday, 10 days before the start of his home race, the Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya.

Last Wednesday, Pedrosa underwent surgery to repair his broken right collarbone, the result of the crash he suffered in the Grand Prix of France, and he's now about to begin rehabilitation, as he explained in his latest blog post.

"It's been a quiet few days since last week's surgery. I was told I had to fully rest for a week so I'm staying at home following the doctor's advice," wrote Pedrosa. "From experience, I know I have to focus on recovering, the priority is to be back to fitness and recover as well as possible from the injury so I can ride again. Obviously it would be great if I could do that in Barcelona, but then again I can't rush it.

"On Wednesday I'll start working with physios and we'll have to assess on a daily basis the injury and see how my collarbone improves day after day."